Also known as UID an Aadhar card is a unique 12-digit number card issued to every citizen of India by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The card is processed biometrically and stores important personal details of a person in the government database. These details include the name, aadhar number, enrolment number (EID), photograph, address, Date of birth, gender and so on. This article will show you how to check Aadhar Card Status.
Benefits of having an aadhar card in India
Owning an aadhar card with an aadhar number has a numerous benefits which include:
- 1.An aadhar card establishes uniqueness of every individual in India in relation to demography and biometric fingerprints as well as retina scans.
- 2.The card can also be linked to mobile phone connections, banking as well as other government and non-governmental services.
- 3.It reduces the cases of fake identification as it can be verified online easily.
- 4.The number generated is random thereby does not discriminate in terms of religion, caste or location.
- 5.It is used as an authentication for insurance, vehicle purchase and also gas connection.
- 6.The card helps in fastening passport processing as compared to one who lacks the card.
How to apply for an Aadhar Card
The following procedure should be followed when applying for the card:
- First one needs to find and go to an authorized Aadhar enrolment center with their identity as well as address proof.
- At the center, fill out the available forms or download them online, print and take already filled forms to the center.
- Your iris will then be scanned, fingerprints and photos taken. You can make any corrections at this time.
- You will then be issued with an acknowledgement slip which you will use till the card is issued to you.
- If the verification process was successful, you will be sent an SMS or email notification. After a few days the card will be printed and sent to your address through post.
How to check Aadhar card status
After applying for the card, you may want to track the card to know how far the process is. There are number of ways in which you can check your card’s status. They include:
Through UIDAI website (online)
- 1.You need to visit the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) website using UIDAI.gov.in.
- 2.Move to the area written Aadhar Services section towards the right bottom of the screen. The section will display a link to Enrolment/Download E-aadhar/update.
- 3.After clicking the link, get to the third option written Check aadhar status and click.
- 4.Once you click, you will be taken to a page where you will be able to check the card’s status after
- a) Entering your Enrolment ID and your exact date written on your enrolment slip.
- b) Then you will need to enter the security code displayed on the screen.
- 5.Finally click the part written Check Status at the bottom of the screen. This will enable you view the status of the card.
Check aadhar card status by using mobile phone and toll-free number
- 1.Using your mobile phone, dial 1800-300-1947 which is a toll free number.
- 2.Once received, give all the details that will be asked.
- 3.After all the details have been entered, you will be informed about the status of your card.
Using an SMS to check aadhar card status
The SMS is charged at normal SMS rates
- 1.Type ‘’UID STATUS(14 digit enrolment number)
- 2.Send the text to the number 51969 ensure that all the letters are capitalized.
- 3.Once the message is sent, you will receive a text with all the information about the status of your card.
- 4.In case the aadhar card has been issued, the card’s number will be sent to you. If not the current status of your card will be sent to you.
Hurry and apply for your Aadhar Card so as to enjoy all the benefits it comes with.