A Ration Card refers to a unique document that entitles its holder to a ratio of fuel, food or any other goods issued by the government of India. The card is basically used when shopping for subsidized foodstuffs such as rice and wheat. It is also used in the purchase of fuel.
Importance of having a Ration Card
This document is very vital to the citizens of India as it assists in saving money since it enables one procure essential commodities at a subsidized price. Ration Card has also become an important identification document. For example one needs to produce their copy of the card as proof of identification when applying for other different documents such as Domicile Certificate, driving license, pan card among others.
Blue or white ration cards are issued to families that are living below the poverty line. This enables them to receive special subsidies as compared to others. Apart from the permanent Ration Cards, there are also temporary cards that are valid for a specific period of time.
Application of a Ration Card
Application for a ration card can be done both online and offline.
One needs to go through the official website of the State’s Food Supply Department. Then locate the link of Ration Card Online Application and then submit the application form. One also needs to upload family photo and ID/Residence proofs on the website.
One needs to go the Local District Food and Supply Department. Here one is issued with the application form which he will fill and submit to the department.
Checking Ration Card Status
The following steps are followed when checking the status of one’s ration card:
- Step 1: Open internet explorer and visit the respective state’s website for Ration Card Status.
- Step 2: Locate and Click on the link ‘Ration Card Information’.
- Step 3: The screen will show the regular status of your card.
- Step 4: If you opt to change the status of the card, the display will be ration card change name modification application status. This will enable you to make any modifications you want to.
- Step 5: If you find all the details of your ration card, then the card is active. If not, then you need to seek assistance from the department.
By following the above steps carefully you will be able to view your card status.
HDFC Credit Card Login
HDFC bank offers different credit cards in various segments. These credit cards have a number of benefits that include:
- a)Longer EMI options available on credit cards.
- b)Maximum Credit Limit on the basis of your income.
- c)Special offers on E-Commerce or online Shopping Website.
- d)The cards offer cashless transactions across a lot of merchants all over the world
- e)They also offer lifestyle benefits such as free air tickets, free gifts among others.
How to login an HDFC credit card
- Step 1: Choose your login ID for your credit card.
- Step 2: Enter your name as it appears on the credit card.
- Step 3: The next thing is to enter the 16 or 14 digits credit card number.
- Step 4: Choose a password with a minimum length of 6 characters.
- Step 5: Re-enter the password chosen for confirmation.
This password will enable you login every time you want to use your HDFC credit card.